Re: Localhost connection refused

John De Hoog (dehoog@example.com) wrote:

> Takeshi Hakamata <tkh@example.com> wrote:
>      Make sure that there is 'leafnode: ALL' entry in hosts.deny and
>      'leafnode: 127.0.0.1' entry in hosts.allow.

> Yes, these are set, too. But I get Connection refused when I try to
> access localhost or 127.0.0.1 from my NNTP client. Any NNTP client.

OK, let's eliminate that from the equation entirely, and
firewalling, too.

1) Rename hosts.deny to not.hosts.deny
2) Put ALL: ALL in hosts.allow
3) Do /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipchains stop
4) Just to make sure there's nothing weird going onm
   do /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables stop (iptables should not
   be running if you're using ipchains, but let's be absolutely
   sure);
5) Verify that leafnode is running;

Now, at this point, all access control is turned off, so
there should be nothing between you and port 119, so try
telnet localhost 119 and see what you get.

Jonathan
--
There is Bag of Modul in the router