Re: Why is Yahoo BB able to offer 8Mbps?

At 22:33 01/06/27 +0900, you wrote:
>of 1.5Mbps.  However, I have yet to find an explanation as to why
>Yahoo! can do this.

They use a different format than other ADSL providers. Actually,
Tokyo Metallic does use the same format in some of its services
and since Yahoo/Softbank bought them out, they have the technology
and the experience, to some extent.

Most Japanese ADSL uses the "wimpy" compromized ADSL in order to
avoid crosstalk with the ISDN lines. YahooBB plans to use the full
no-compromize ADSL. There seems to be ways to minimise interference
with ISDN, but how well Yahoo provides it is anyone's guess.

Yahoo! says they they will be using a best-effort ADSL (
>http://bbpromo.yahoo.co.jp/promotion/m_5/index.html#52 ).  Should I be
>concerned about this, that is, should I go ahead and get NTT's FLETs
>ADSL or should I wait for Yahoo!'s ADSL?

All ADSL are best effort, even Flets ADSL. So... you're one of us who's
contemplating the same thoughts in our heads for the past week.
No one has the answer.

Best,
Hiroo