Re: IS MICROSOFT SECRETLY USING OPEN SOURCE?

Dymytro Kovalov writes, before quoting me:

> I personally do not have any MS systems around, but thing
> like "Boo, RH  uses MS!!!" is just too much even for me.

I don't know if this is related to my quote (and also I don't know in
which of several possible senses "Boo" is meant!), but anyway I'd like
to make it clear that I wasn't knocking RH, Linux, or the usability
thereof.  All I was muttering about was the possible (and highly irritating)
need to keep Windows around for people such as myself who deal with
companies tied to MS.

I'm certain that there are excellent sites (or at least pages) devoted
to this question. And I'm willing to believe that I don't know how best
to use Google to look for them. But anyway when I do use Google to look
for them I get pages of rumors and denials of rumors that MS is porting
Office to Linux (which wouldn't interest me even if well-founded, as I
loathe Word vastly more than Windows), laments on the inescapability of
MS Office, blurbs for WordPerfect (which I dislike about as much as I
dislike Word, and which anyway is now a Microsoft product and may well
be doomed), etc.  So if anyone can nominate a good "use Linux and break
free of MS Office" site, I'd be grateful.