Re: Yahoo & Softbank to start ADSL service

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 10:16:52AM +0900, Jonathan Q wrote:
> Matt Doughty (mdoughty@example.com) wrote:
>
> > question. does anyone know if SDSL works over fiber?
>
> All DSL requires copper, so you're out of luck there.
> I take it neither Yusen nor NTT offer FTTH where you are?
> At least some parts of Shinagawa have cable service, I think.
> Is that an option?

Thats what I figured, but one can always hope. I imagine that when
they start rolling out FTTH I will be one of the first areas to get
it, but as far as I know NTT isn't offering it yet. Yusen might not
work because I'm on the 10th floor, and I vaguely thought there was
some rule about lines not being higher than those of NTT that would
probably shoot that down even when they come to our area which they
haven't yet. I need to figure out about cable though I'm not sure
what company would provide for my building which is brand new(opened
april 1st). Is there a good website with this kind of information.

thanks,

//Matt