Re: selecting DB on linux

    DC> Lots of postgres supporters here (including me). Aren't there
    DC> any Oracle advocates here to balance things? I've heard Oracle
    DC> is the best choice once you database gets big enough to need
    DC> more than one machine.

I'm not a DB person (they write stored procedures for me;) but while
doing a small web-based project I noticed that UPDATE in Postgres
doesn't support subquery in the WHERE clause. It's just an observation
since I don't know if SQL92 and SQL3 (I think), the standards Postgres
claims to implement, require it. On the other hand Oracle does easily.

I don't know what my point it because I hate Oracle so much (I love it
going crazy during the load tests :)

Viktor