Re: selecting DB on linux

> > *       db recoverability (machine may go up and down unexpectedly) [sounds
> > bizzare but can explain if anyone is interested].
> > *       reasonable performance, but with an architecture that can scale

Lots of postgres supporters here (including me). Aren't there any Oracle
advocates here to balance things? I've heard Oracle is the best choice
once you database gets big enough to need more than one machine.

> I've even setup one customer that uses a cluster of 2 postgres database machines
> and the performance is awesome. Of course the clustering is done by our
> software, but postgres plays a big part in the performance.

Can you tell us more about the clustering? Or do you have any URLs on
clustering postgres?

If one machine goes down does the database continue working? Or did you
manually choose to have some tables on one machine, some on the other?

Darren