Re: Apache "permission denied"

Here's what little information I have been able to get.

>Use su to become the user the web server runs as (the User line in
>httpd.conf).

User is nobody, Group is top40.

I have made user nobody part of the group top40.

[root]# cat /etc/group | grep nobody
nobody:x:99:
top40:x:508:nobody

>Then see if you can list up the files and read them. If you
>can then it is not a permissions/ownership problem.

As nobody I cannot enter the directory where the files are. So I guess
itmust be a file ownership problem.

>Does it say anything in the error log?

No, just a 403 message.

>"allow from all" is the default behaviour, so why do you need to do it
>explicitly?

Just making sure ^_^

Jc