Re: Apache "permission denied"

> My apache server gives me a 403/permission denied error...
> I think this has to do with a change to the file ownership.

Use su to become the user the web server runs as (the User line in
httpd.conf). Then see if you can list up the files and read them. If you
can then it is not a permissions/ownership problem.

> I've tried a few things but none have fixed my access problem. Can anyone
> recomend other things I could try to fix this?

Does it say anything in the error log? "allow from all" is the default
behaviour, so why do you need to do it explicitly?

Darren