Apache "permission denied"

My apache server gives me a 403/permission denied error when I try to access
it.

I think this has to do with a change to the file ownership. The files and
the directory used be owned by root, but now I gave them to a specific user.
However I have the following in my config file which I tought should ahve
made the files accessible by anyone:

<Directory "/home/httpd/html/top40">
    Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

I've tried a few things but none have fixed my access problem. Can anyone
recomend other things I could try to fix this?

Jc