Re: Linux 8.0

Liton (leyton@example.com) wrote:

> I can't read Japanese doesn't really mean I can't at all. I sometimes do
> deal with Japanese documents and applications. And, I'll be sharing the
> same computer with Japanese people. So, it's important to have Japanese
> capability.

In that case, I highly recommend using the graphical login option
(Red Hat lets you choose this during install; I think TurboLinux
also does, and probably most others, too); it will be either
XDM, KDM, or GDM, depending on which GUI environment you choose,
but they all share the feature that makes me recommend it: at login,
you can choose which language you want to work in, just by
selecting it from a menu.  You can get the English menus if
you want them, and the Japanese users can get the Japanese ones.

Jonathan