Re: Further horrors of 'ksysv' [FTP login failure]

On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 07:33:53AM +0900, Dennis McMurchy wrote:

>   There's no doubt in my mind that this horrid little 'ksysv' has done
> something to break this.  There are no other possible suspects.  Still
> hoping someone has the 'magic bullet' for this...

As Scott said, check that the shell that is listed for your username
is listed in the file /etc/shells. I forgot about this but it is important.

I also just had a quick peek at the ksysv home page... Here are the
features...

Features:

    * nice graphical user interface: no need to hassle with cryptic symlinks
    * drag-and-drop: order entries by moving them around with the mouse
    * completely safe: nothing is written to disk until you say so
    * keyboard support: complete keyboard support
    * and, last but not least, unlimited undo!

It seems it's completely safe Dennis :)

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com