Re: Linux and ADSL

If it's any consolation, I've been waiting for Flets ADSL since early April.
They are reeeallly slow at processing orders - must be busy (then again, I'm
in Nakanoku - which is not the center of cool broadband development if you
know what I mean :^)) - according to a recent survey I saw at J@example.com inc. the
number of DSL users is growing at a mammoth rate, but still few homes
overall are connected.
I currently use Flets ISDN with a RH7.0 linux box as a NAT with a 2.4.0
kernel - works great - I am hoping to do the same thing with ADSL, as long
as getting the PPPoE driver to work is easy. As an ISP I use AT&T JENS,
which gives you a dynamic global IP - but if the connection times out and
then reconnects you get assigned a different IP address; so not very useful
for running a globally visible web server, I assume the same thing will
happen with the ADSL service.

Bryan