Re: Can't type fast!!

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 12:59:24AM +0900, Liton wrote:
> When it freezes, no ctrl-alt-del, no other botton works. So I keep the power
> botton pushed for few seconds to turn the power off and then I turn it on
> again as usually. After that I get lilo to select one of my two OSs(linux
> and dos). Dos is okay but when I select
> linux, it starts as usual like saying "Loading linux...........But after a
> few [   OK    ]s
> it goes something like the next line:
> blah blah============================     70%
> It's probably fixing something and 70% s being fixed or I don't know. At
> some point
> it nevet goes ahead. After a long waiting I install a fresh copy again.
It's running fsck since you just did a hard reset.  This operation naturally
takes forever when you're using an ext2 filesystem.  No need to re-install,
just need to be patient.

Yours,

--
Austin K. Kurahone
Tokyo Linux Users Group / SIGUSR1 R&D

PS: This message is digitally signed.  The attachment is NOT a virus.

PGP signature