Re: Can't type fast!!

Liton (leyton@example.com) wrote:

> I've been busy reinstalling linux. Because everytime I run "sndconfig" my
> machine freezes and I can't boot linux so I reinstall.

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
"Then don't do that."

More info is necessary here.  Things like:

What do you do after it freezes?  Hit Reset?  Drop power? ctrl-alt-del?

Why can't you boot Linux?  What happens?  Lilo freeze?  Something else?

Can you boot Linux if the machine hasn't been frozen by sndconfig?

Can you boot Linux if you just hit reset when the machine isn't
frozen (don't test this unless you've tested booting a rescue
CD and no you can recover, unless you don't mind reinstalling if
you can't recover with a rescue CD)?

If you don't have a floppy you can boot a rescue CD (the Red Hat install
CDs also have a rescue mode; if you have or can get a Linuxcare
rescue CD, that's better yet).

And of course, as the above joke references, if you know that sndconfig
will freeze your machine and break your boot process, then don't
run sndconfig until you've found out why not.  If this is a Vaio
issue, others have probably experienced it, too.  Search for
something like vaio sndconfig on Google and see what you get.

Jonathan