Re: Yet another locale question....

>> From: "M. Meiarashi" <mes@example.com>
>>
>> IIRC, for glibc-2.1.2, you need add-on japanese locale data.
>> presumably it is the case also for 2.1.3. i have no idea for 2.2.x.

I looked into this further, and it seems there are message files around
for the Japanese locale for glibc-2.1.3 onwards, but nothing really
standard yet.

It rather worries me that on the basis of some codes set inside
a PDF file, Acroread presumably tried to change locale so that error
messages came out in Japanese. Another case of the "if you want to
use Japanese text, you need to convert your OS to Japanese operation"
style of thinking?

Why is it that I keep getting the impression that a lot of people are
VERY confused over I18N   8-)}

--
Jim Breen  [jwb@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Visiting Professor, Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of