Re: DNS woes

JC,

Have you looked at the DNS-HOWTO?
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO.html
It has some very simple examples that may get you going.

Another thing to look at is /etc/nsswitch.conf, which determines the
order that network databases are searched.
Your machine may be trying nis or nisplus before /etc/hosts and dns.
Look at the "hosts" line and remove the nis entries.

Regards,
Jake