Re: DNS question, maybe

[Jim Tittsler wrote]

>Run DNS on your Linux box listing your ISP as a forwarder and
>defining your own local zone?  :-)

I think I understand what you mean ... make all the PCs use the Linux box as
primary DNS, make the Linux box point to my provider for anything it doesn't
know.

Is that right? And if so could someone point me to a nice, simple doc on how
to do this (and yes I'll do a quick search for a HOW-TO on DNS).

>But if you want to keep using the provider directly for DNS,
>you could add 10.0.1.88 to the 'hosts' file on *each* window
>machine:
>
>10.0.1.88  myserver
>
>Win9x: \windows\hosts  NT: \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Each machine!? Yuckie yuck yuck!!

Jc