Re: About burning a linux dist on CD

> Can I just copy a Linux ISO image on a CD, boot up a PC with an FD with
> boot.img, and start installing from the image from the CD?

Yep.  You just open your burning application and select the option to
create a new data CD using an existing layout.  Point it to the ISO
image you downloaded (ISO formated files are designed so your burning
program will automatically create a CD "just like" you buy at the
store).  You won't need a boot FD as long as your PC can boot from your
CD drive, so you just pop the newly baked CD into your drive, boot your
PC and the corresponding Linux installation program should start.

Kyle

Kyle Wright, Japanese-to-English Freelance Translator
http://kylewright.com/eiyaku/
eiyaku@example.com
Yahoo Messenger ID: kyle_wright