Re: ADSL problems with LAN hub

>why don't you use a firewall? 1 cheap PC, connected one side to the ADSL
>router, the other side to your LAN. Linux running on it of course, with
>ipchains and NAT running. So the ADSL modem sees only 1 PC (that would make
>GOL
>support happy ....), and you can plug as many PC as you want to your ADSL
>line!

Eventually. I'm pretty new to Linux and the idea of installing a firewall
and configuring ipchains sounds daunting. Is it that bad or does it just
sound bad?

That plus the fact that the only cheap PC I have here is an old AMD 200MHz
... trying to install Linux on that would certainly be interesting. I'd also
have to pay for two new LAN cards ^_^

Jc