Re: How to automate email retrieval

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses. Further comments
in the quoted text below.

"Scott M. Stone" wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>
> > When I do fetchmail on my from my linux client
> > Japanese characters do not get displayed
> > correctly (mojibake again). My mailspool on the
> > mailservers contains messages that are not euc-jp
> >
> > Is there a way of converting the messages to euc-jp encoding
> > while doing fetchmail, like piping to nkf.
>
> might want to also check and make sure you're using the Japanified version
> of fetchmail... there is a port, and I would think that it probably
> addresses this already.

Can't find the Japanified version. The Japanese install document
available at http://www.fkimura.com/fetchmail0.html does not mention
about the Japanified version either.

Shimpei Yamashita wrote:

> Some people have reported problems in the past with older versions of
> fetchmail. Upgrading fetchmail seemed to help. I use fetchmail 5.3.8 and have
> no problems with Japanese mail.

My version was 5.5.2. tried with the 5.7.4 too.

Gomez Noguera David Eduardo wrote:

> I dont know if my reply got to the list, but since i didnt see it, i supose it
>   didnt.
>   so here i go again :)
>   try procmail.
>   later you might find procmail usefull for another bucnhc of tasks.

Tried invoking fetchmail through procmail as shown below

> fetchmail -m "/usr/bin/procmail -f - "

but this does not solve the problem.

Japanese characters are displayed correctly after converting my
local mailspool to euc-jp using nkf after fetching the mail.
But this will not allow reading my japanese mail as soon as they
are fetched.

Looking for some further suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Raghavan