Re: Postgres 7.1?

> > On Saturday I was skimming a magazine talking about the new features in
> > the newly released postgres 7.1. It looked interesting, but was in
> > Japanese.

Jim gave me:
> http://appwatch.zdnet.com/Linux/App/412/B/1/history.html

Then I found the new manual:
 http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/

(the "postgres" link includes the other manuals).

> Dont know much, but we tried the beta version and it was significantly
> faster than any of the previous versions.

Any stability problems?

> Any news on what Oracle has been upto?

I wonder how concerned about Postgres they are, now that it is showing
better performance than Oracle, and it no longer has a field character
limit (Oracle still has a 4Kb limit?).

Darren