Re: ADSL and Linux

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 11:27:35AM -0000, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
> I just got my ADSL router/modem and I would like to get up and running on my
> Red Hat Linux. Could anyone help me out?
>
> In case it's useful it's an ADSL connection from gol.com
>
> Some of the things I'd like to do (besides getting it to work) would be:
>
> 1- figure out what my ip address is
> 2- set up a web server
> 3- set up an ftp server
>
> Is any of this possible?

Your not really suppost to be running a "server" from home with GOL's service.
I don't have that service myself (just got cable modem last week), so I can't
say much about the IP address except it is dynamically assigned. In my case my
cable modem company, Jcom, dynamically assigned me an IP which BTW hasn't
changed. I also setup a win2k pc for my wife and used ipconfig to get the ip that
Jcom assigned me.

HTH
Jack