ADSL and Linux

I just got my ADSL router/modem and I would like to get up and running on my
Red Hat Linux. Could anyone help me out?

In case it's useful it's an ADSL connection from gol.com

Some of the things I'd like to do (besides getting it to work) would be:

1- figure out what my ip address is
2- set up a web server
3- set up an ftp server

Is any of this possible?

A bit off-topic but I've gotten my connection working on win2k. After using
some online speed test I get noweher near the 1.5Mbps upload and 512Kps
download speeds advertised by gol ... I get speed closer to 300 download and
200 upload. Is this normal?

Jc