Re: Three questions

Archan wrote:

>    /dev/hda1    Linux-Swap                                256MB
>    /dev/hda2    Linux-Native (ext2/RaiserFS)     5.5GB
>         (considering u are installing complete Mandrake7.2)
>    /dev/hda3    Windows (FAT32/NTFS)             3GB
>    /dev/hda4    (anything u want)                        (rest of the
> space)    (this is data partition)

WARNING!  If you put a FAT partition after a non-FAT partition, every
version of Microsoft non-X non-11 windows[R] FDISK command that I have ever
seen will screw up.  Windows 2000 might or might not be safe with it; I
haven't tried.  Anyway it doesn't hurt to play this one safe and put the FAT
partition before the non-FAT partitions.

Yours sincerely,
Norman Diamond