Re: ramen worm

This is where I liked TurboLinux, although I wouldnt use it myself.

It had ssh already installed, but everything was disabled. No telnet, ftp,
ssh ....... Simply enabling these services in /etc/inetd.conf didnt help
since you also had to allow the service through tcp_wrappers.

RedHat should follow similar settings by default and have an option to
enable these during the install to make it easier for newbies. But with
RedHat I understand thats its not really the settings, but the
vulnerabilities in the packages they include that make it insecure.

I hate to say this, but even Windoze has telnet disabled by default while
on RedHat I have to install ssh and disable telnet everytime.