Re: Telnet/ssh connection refused

Hi,

Antony Stace wrote:

> what line do I have to add to /etc/inetd.conf to start ssh from inetd?

Mandrake7.2 has a script for starting the sshd (e.g. below) in the
etc/rc.d/init.d directory.

---------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
#
# Startup script for the sshd
# Must add /usr/local/sbin to the path in functions.

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
    echo -n "Starting sshd: "
    daemon sshd
    echo
    touch /var/lock/subsys/sshd
    ;;
stop)
    echo -n "Shutting down sshd: "
    killproc sshd
    echo
    rm -f /var/lock/subsys/sshdd
    ;;
status)
    status sshd
    ;;
restart)
    $0 stop
    $0 start
    ;;
reload)
    echo -n "Reloading sshd: "
    killproc sshd -HUP
    echo
    ;;
*)
echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|reload|status}"
    exit 1
esac

exit 0