Re: Linux distributions

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 09:02:01PM +0900, Kevin Elliott wrote:

> sorry to ask so many questions.... but anyone know where I can get a cheap
> distribution of Linux? I refuse to pay NTT the extortionate download cost, and
> the distributions in Sakuraya/T-Zone are really quite expensive.
>
> Does TLUG have a CD distribution? Is there a Linux shop in Tokyo that will sell a
> distrib cheaply?
Yes (sorta) and yes.

TLUG has put out CDs in the past although not with any serious distributions on
it.  (Well, Green Frog Linux, but that is _not_ a serious distribution although
some people think that is is *Grin*).  In fact I remember being responsible for
putting the CDs out (No this isnt' a very active thing although if I mamage to
find time, I'll start doing it again).

Seccond question.  Go to akihabara, find Plathome. (I know how to get there but
writing down directions isn't one of my strong points).  TLUG akihabara tours
are a good way to find this out.

--
Austin K. Kurahone
Tokyo Linux Users Group / SIGUSR1 R&D