Re: NTT-ME was (Re: Metallic DSL in Tokyo)

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 02:56:33PM +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 10:13:44AM +0900, Jack Morgan wrote:
> > Down side is only 4 service areas
>
> Do you know where they are? This is stuff for the Tokyo High Speed Internet
> FAQ. (Yes, it *is* happening, honest.)

http://www.ntt-east.co.jp/senyo/ADSL/gaiyo/index.html lists them.

On this NTT site, I read there are 6 "service areas" and this probably
applies whether you're using NTT-ME or Metallic or some other ISP.

Six NTT offices in Tokyo serve ADSL (what's the right word for them,
"Central Offices"? Nihongo deha "shuuyou kyoku" desu ga, the places
where they have splitters and line multiplexers and where our telephone
lines come from) and they are:

Kayaba-Kabuto (Chuo-ku)
Aoyama (Minato-ku)
Mita (Minato-ku)