Re: German umlauts in japanese RedHat 6.2 don't work

First of all thank you very much for all responses. Unfortunately there
seems to be no good solution available.

As a consequence I gave up the Japanese version and installed Mandrake 7.1,
which claimes to have good international support (But installing kinput2
didn't work although I followed the instructions on the Mandrake homepage.
However I think I will get it working somehow.) I also gave up CJK-LyX and
will try to get by with yudit or emacs. For yudit I first need kinput2
working, then I have to install unicode-fonts. GNU Emacs in Mandrake 7.1 has
already working Japanese input support, but I don't know how to configure it
for printing and in combination with Latex (CJK package? / Omega?). In
XEmacs Japanese input doesn't work.
As I'm still a newbie in the world of Emacs and Latex -- with LyX I didn't
have to care much about Latex details -- it makes no sense for me if it
prooves to be too difficult. But if you could give me some advice, how to
get Emacs or/and yudit ready for German documents with Japanese included, I
would give it a try. By searching the internet and consulting the Emacs
documentation I found mainly information related to Japanese or another
language but not about dealing with the various problems of multilingual
computing. If nothing works I will have to go back to Winword (in a VMware
session), which has no problems with German and Japanese in one document.
But that would be no good solution.

Thanks again

Gerhard Schuck

geschu@example.com