Re: bzip2 vs gzip

> I was surprised to find several corrupt bzipped files on my system. Surprised
> that they had been corrupted, not that they were there. bzip2recover couldn't
> save them, either. As far as I can tell, whatever damaged the bzipped files did
> not harm gzip and zipped files (not sure what it was). Is Bzip2 less resilient
> than gzip?

I had a problem with corrupted bzip2 files which I downloaded from the internet with Netscape, on a Windows machine however. When I used another ftp program I got them down ok. I never had this problem with gziped files, but with a debian package I had the same problem. I think there must be a way to get Netscape download bzip2 etc. ok, just don't know exactly how.

Uli