Re: Slow browsing?

Dennis McMurchy (denismcm@example.com) wrote:

Dennis>   A friend in Wales mentions in passing,
Dennis>
Dennis>   "Yes, next time I'm browsing in Linux (still much slower than in
Dennis> Windows, by the way)..."                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dennis>
Dennis>   This makes no sense to me at all.  Could it be true?  And what would
Dennis> the reason be?

As Jim T. notes, he may be using IE.  The Netscape rendering engine
is not as fast as the one in IE (plus the wait to render
the whole table, as Jim mentioned), so your friend probably isn't just
imaging this.  The next Netscape, based on Mozilla, will (supposedly)
render much faster.  The Gecko rendering engine (not that it renders
geckos, of course :-)  is supposed to be quite good.  Haven't tried it
myself, YMMV, etc.

Jonathan