Japanese Canna input with xemacs+viper.

seijit@example.com writes
 > Hi Kei,
 >
 > I am sorry to bother you like this but
 > I am having trouble getting Japanese input to work with viper.
 > I was searching the Internet and I found your email post to TLUG ML.
 >
 > http://www.tlug.gr.jp/ML/9805/msg00001.html
 >
 > This was like 2 years ago, and you might not even remember about it
 > but if you have solved the problem I would appreciate if you tell me
 > what you did... I could not find any replies to this problem...
 > Thanks.

At that time, I wanted to use vi emulation because I didn't know how
to quote or insert a file. To put thru xemacs command sequence in
viper mode, I had to set viper-expert-level to 1. It creates viper
initial file ".viper" which includes "(setq viper-expert-level '1)".

But, again at that time I was using xemacs2.0 and not using home
networking. At a single glance, I found that I couldn't do it at
current version. So I think you probably did what I did then. I
probably don't know the answer to your question. I rarely use
xemacs. It is too heavy.

Someone at tlug list may help you.

敬具(literally Kei at your service)

--