Re: B5 laptop recommendations?

Grendel (grendel@example.com) wrote:

Grendel> My new workplace is letting me choose my own laptop.
Grendel> Any recommendations for a B5 laptop with a builtin Dsub9 serial port?

I absolutely love the IBM Thinkpad 240 (perhaps a bit larger than B5, with
a 10-inch TFT screen), it has a real (9 pin) serial port (a must, I agree),
can go to 192 meg of memory and has (if memory serves) a 12 GB disk, nice
bit keys on the keyboard, and stuffs it all into 1.3 Kg.  We bought one
for GOL engineering, and if anything, we have come to like it better
with time.  Zero regrets, zero complaints.  We all love it.

If I were in the market for a new notebook myself, I doubt I would
even consider anything else.  That's how sweet the Thinkpad 240 is.

YMMV, of course, but do go to a store and try out a Thinkpad 240
before buying anything.  We got ours at Yodobashi Camera, but I
imagine you can probably get them anyplace that sells Thinkpads.

Jonathan