Re: ppp, pmcia and isdn question

>Look in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets and see if your secret for GOL is there.
>It should look like
>
>lhost * password
>
>where lhost is the name that your machine calls itself (uname -n), and
>the password is the unencrypted password that your ISP gave you.

There is no secret for the machine name, only for ulrike, see below.

>If that's there, check your ppp/options and peers/* files for
>something stupid like "refuse-pap".

Nothing like this. No 'pap' or 'refuse' or 'refuse-pap' in any of the
peers/* files. In ppp/options every line containing 'pap' is commented out:

#+pap
#-pap
#pap-restart <n>
#pap-max-authreq <n>
#pap-timeout <n>

>Also check them for "user" options (this changes the value of "lhost"
>that pppd uses to search the secrets file).

Yes, "user ulrike" is there, so I guess this is all set up as it should be?

Uli