Re: Web pages & Jp. text

Jonathan Q" <jq@example.com> wrote:

> Hiroyuki Ohba (ohba@example.com) wrote:
>
> Hiroyuki> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=x-sjis">
>                                                                       ^^^^^^^^
> this is evil.  charset=s-jis is correct.  Start with http://www.w3c.org/ (the
> World Wide Web Consortium) for more.
>
> Those who say it is not an Apache problem are correct.  This is
> either an encoding problem, or a files-mangled-in-upload problem.
> Also, the most accepted standard for web page encoding is iso-2022-jp.
> Plus, of course, it's kind of embarrassing to be serving up SJIS from
> a *NIX box.
>
> Jonathan

  Thank you for the correcting.  I just tried to show easier work
around for Mac users. But I missed the point. I'm sorry.

  And I agree 100% to what you're saying. "x-sjis" is incorrect.
And he might have nkf in his debian box or can easily grab it.
 And he'd better change the charset rather than keeping his
document in sjis in the Unix sight. The best answer for him, I
agree.

 I just wanted to say what kinda encoding the content has is not
apache-concern. That's all I wanted to say,maybe.

 Thank you again, Jonathan.

Hiro Ohba  ohba@example.com