Re: Web pages & Jp. text

David Thompson (davidt@example.com) wrote:

David> they handled the HTML code.  I've tried a number of metatags such as:
David>
David> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=x-sjis">
David> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=EUC-JP">
David> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
David> CHARSET=iso-2022-jp">

OK, which of those actually matches the encoding you are using?

Running every page through NKF and setting them all to the same encoding
(if you've eliminated FTP problems; it won't fix corrupted files) is
also advisable in a situation like this.

I hate to ask this, but the encoding in the browser is set for
Japanese auto-detect, right?

Jonathan