Re: Parallel port query

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 12:51:04PM +0900, Frank BENNETT wrote:

[snip]

> Is there any means of polling the parallel port to see if a live device is
> attached to it?  I've checked under /proc/parport, but it reports only on
> the port itself.

Answering my own post here.  I just stumbled onto tunelp.  tunelp -s
report that the printer is simply out of paper when it is turned
off, which is presumably the cause of our incredible vanishing print
queue.

A little fussing about should now make the problem go away.

Cheers,
----
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@