Re: Web pages & Jp. text

I tend to agree with Tod. I don't know if it's the Mac in general or
just Fetch, but at the least Fetch seems to either drop or choke on the
8th 1 bit in ShiftJIS text. So all Japanese text uploads done from a Mac
with Fetch at least need to be done as raw data. This of course means
that the carriage return translation inherent in text mode FTP doesn't
get done, so if you later decide to download the page to a Windows
machine for editing, no matter how you download it, when you open it up
in a text-based editor the entire file will appear to be on one line.
NoteTab at least gives you search-and-replace metacharacters that can be
used to fix this, however.

-Grendel