Re: tlug: archiving mail

I don't use any automation tool for archiving old mail, but sometimes
find the following couple of lines in .procmailrc very useful:

:0 c
backup

:0 ic
| cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,100d`

This keeps 100 latest messages in the backup directory

Viktor

    JS> Howdy, all.  Tonight, on "As The Home Directory Expands"...

    JS> I've been trying to come up with a good way of automating the
    JS> process of archiving my old mail (moving messages older than a
    JS> certain date into separate folders and compressing them).
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30  Place: LinuxProbe Hall
Next Nomikai meeting: August 18 (Fri) 19:00  Place: TBD