tlug: archiving mail

Howdy, all.

Tonight, on "As The Home Directory Expands"...

I've been trying to come up with a good way of automating the process
of archiving my old mail (moving messages older than a certain date
into separate folders and compressing them). I've looked at various
ways of doing it, and while it doesn't seem like it would be all that
difficult to implement, I had this sneaking suspicion that I was
about to reinvent the wheel (ok, this doesn't quite deserve "wheel"
status; more like reinventing the paperclip), and thought I'd ask
around first to see if anyone had already come up with a better way.

So:

Anyone know of a program that already does this? Or, if not, has
anyone done this themselves and would be willing to share with me how
you did it?

A point in any interesting direction would be greatly appreciated.

john
--
jseebach@example.com