tlug: Python (or if necessary, Perl or Ruby) GUI toolkits

I've started work on a project in Python whose point is to put a GUI
interface on top of the command line.

It's not a "file manager," it won't provide druggéd droop or any of
that nonsense; the idea is to provide reminders about options that
you've forgotten the meaning of and to save useful pipelines (eg,
containing multiple complex sox filters).  Ie, more a learning tool
for wannabe gurus than a user-friendly interface.  (Screen shots will
be available when there's a screen to shoot ;-)

Anyway, so far I'm quite pleased with the steep learning curve for
Python and the inherent object-orientation.

However, GUI bindings for Python seem to suck.  I haven't tried
python-wpy yet, but tkinter is a hog, not object-oriented, and
undocumented (ie, I can't figure out how to make it do what I want to
do); python-gtk doesn't seem to work (ie, there are reasons to suspect
I _can't_ make it DTRT), has a sucky API, and is undocumented; and
wxPython, while it works and is pretty well-documented (the underlying
wxWindows API is quite well documented, eg compared to Gtk---despite
being built on Gtk for Linux!---but the Python bindings are not
clearly documented), has a semi-sucky API (keyword arguments are not
supported) and is REALLY easy to crash.  (One big advantage to
wxWindows seems to be strong cross-platform support, although that's
not really relevant to my current project.)

(1) Favorite GUI bindings for Python?

(2) Are the GUI bindings for Perl better, or do they suffer from
basically the same problems?  What's the best of breed?

(3) How about Ruby (or any other language; I guess Tcl/Tk must be
excellent by now, but I didn't much like Tcl when last exposed to it)?
Preferably object-oriented, of course.

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA