Re: tlug: rpms

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 06:42:13PM +0900, Chris Sekiya wrote:

> Man, you are pushing _all_ of my buttons with this one.

Then it is far too easy :-)

> Suffice it to say that I vehemently disagree with the dumbing-down of UNIX,
> which is your essential statement here.  If they can't deal with learning how
> things work, they shouldn't be using the bloody system.

Then install "hellix" as a previous poster mentioned...
	http://www.i-want-a-website.com/about-linux/may00.shtml#Hellix

Of course while you're at it get rid of tools like autoconf and configure and
maybe even make, it is far too easy to compile stuff nowadays. More pain is
required and what is this thing about vendors doing open source stuff like
supporting 3d graphics cards and sound cards lately... stay using the console
if you want. I'll use my gnome-terminal and color syntax highlighting... Of
course that said, I still don't go near IDEs.

Cheers,

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd