tlug: IDO PacketOne PCMCIA Card with GNU/Linux

(by Augustin Vidovic -- vido@example.com)

In case people would be interested, I bought a IDO PacketOne PCMCIA card
to connect my laptop to the internet through my dialup access provider.

The vendor was not sure it would work with Linux.

In fact it works, but oddly I managed to make it work by using the
  setserial /dev/modem irq 0
setting (assuming /dev/modem is the device you associate with the card).

Any other irq setting doesn't work.

So if somebody else has a "input/ouput error" when trying to access
the packetOne card on linux, it seems to be a bad irq handling
problem, and set irq to 0 seems to be a workaround.
Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA