Re: tlug: Domain Name Registration (*.jp)

    jb> may have noticed that domain name speculation is not a problem
    jb> here

Uh-huh.  They exported it to the .xxx domains, that's all.

I admit it would be cool if I could get sjt.com, but I could live with
sjt.subsub.sub.gol.ne.jp.  I don't really object if the big boys want
to slug it out for sjt.com.  (It's registered to the Societe du
Journal Telephone.  Not so big, I guess.)

The names I really wanna register _are_ available.  And may stay that
way.  Just requires a little creativity in what you want.

    jb> .com and .org domain names are becoming increasingly popular
    jb> in Japan as a way to avoid the red tape.

Says one who should know:

 jb> Jonathan Byrne <j-byrne@example.com>               Engineering Division
 jb> Exodus Communications K.K./Global Online Japan      http://www.gol.com/

:-)

Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA