tlug: Debian - deselect problem ...

    Ulrike> Ok, next problem ... I tried to install some packages with
    Ulrike> deselect and at the end of "install" I get a message that
    Ulrike> errors were encountered while processing .
    Ulrike> /libcgi-perl_2.76-7.deb. From what I understand from the
    Ulrike> messages before it tries to overwrite a file with a
    Ulrike> different one and that does not seem to be allowed. Now,
    Ulrike> what can I do?

This shouldn't happen; dselect is supposed to install using the
--force-overwrite option to dpkg.  It should say "but doing it anyway
as you request because --force is set".  I'm not sure how that
situation occurs (probably they screwed up the control info in the
package database), but what you need to do is find the location of the
package archive file (eg, the directory on a CD or if you use apt for
remote d/l and install, /var/cache/apt/archive/) and do

dpkg -i --force-overwrite $ARCHIVE_PATH/libcgi-perl_2.76-7.deb

Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.