Re: tlug: keyboard layout

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 07:25:15PM +0900, Selva Nair wrote:

> If you have a 106-key Japanese keyboard (I think that is the most
> common one), in XF86Config, Section "Keyboard", you need to set
>
> XkbModel        "jp106"
> XkbLayout       "jp"

Data point: the convention has changed in 4.0, and it isn't well-documented.

It's:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "XkbModel"    "jp106"
        Option      "XkbLayout"   "jp"
EndSection

(everything that used to be in the Keyboard and Mouse sections now goes
into their respective InputDevice section, using the Option convention)

-- Chris
Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD