RE: tlug: setting up RH6.1 with Japanese

On 24-Feb-00 James Calver wrote:
>     Well, I've finally had some time to poke around with Linux again.  So
> I'm back at trying to get Japanese support up and running.  I have
> installed Kinput2, Kterm and Canna.  Kterm can display Japanese, but how do
> I know if Kinput2 and Canna are working?  Are there any docs/howto's for
> them?
>
>     Also, do they need another program to do anything?  Like Mule or
> NEamcs?

In RedHat 6.1, you need to install the emacs-leim rpm to get multi-language
input. That's all you need if skk as an input method is adequate for you.
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu@example.com
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/sl.html
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070
As crazy as hauling timber into the woods.
                -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus (Horace)
>> Sent on 25-Feb-00 at 19:21:41 with xfmail
Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
Next Nomikai Meeting:   April 21 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae