tlug: Regarding information of symposium in Japanese Society.

Dear ALL.

  First, I would like to say thanks for other attendants of nomikai on
2/18, especailly,in the final phase, so much drank, sorry.  _O_

  Actually I missed Austin-san & Ohba-san on getting on the just
launching final train at Tokyo Station. Eventually, I used to use a
taxi instead of buying DIMM cards recently !

  Anyway, today as I encountered an effective(?) infomation
regarding the interesting symposium from  "Information Processing
Society of Japan", I would like to post it.

  From 14th March  to 16th, there will be an annual conference of
the above society in TAKUSHOKU-Univ. in TOKYO, and  additionally,
there will also be the specail symposuim regarding Open-Source,
(however, mainly on Linux maybe).  The detail matter is below.
If you feel interesting or some intention, please pay your attention
on it.

1)Date  : 16th March (Thus.)  15:15-17:00
2)Place : Takushoku-Univ in HACHIOJI
               Room number: 101 Building D. (2nd main meeting place.)
3)Title   :  The possibility, limitation of Open-Source Programs.
               (What, How can we expect them as real business ?)

4)Outline: (From info in Japanese,)
  As the background of the recent expansion of Open-Software,
there are certain activities called "Open-Source Activities or
Intiatives(?)",
in which we have expected the appearance of the improved sitiation in
this domain, by disclosuring source codes, free to use them, make their
clones,  re-distribution through the Internet.
  Due to above, there is a new trand to generate or create new businesses
from above world,  they intend to make the established monopoly by
traditional enterprises by using intelligence properties be negative.
  (Hard to express in English "Out of date" seems to be suitable.)

  On the other hands, the major players in this industory have also been
recognazing this fact recently, accepting and trying to contacts with this
rich frontier, with some expectation as the door to their future.
  However, at same time, we also suspect that there seems to be many
remaining obstacles and issues to establish our expectation, in other
words, no border, hamonaizing between glassroot Open-Source world
and traditioanl, established business world.  Hence, we seem to need
so many days more & more.

  Therefore in this pannel discussin, the below topics will be picked up
to identify the remaining issues.
   1)Common matters and differences between "Open-Source world" &
      "Business world".
   2)What is an innovation in Linux business ?
       And What is a Trigger ?
   3)How should we make the relationship between community and
      companies ?
   4)The concrete instances to be unsuitable to using "Open-Sources".

Through the discussion on the above themes, we expect some
contributions to us, members of above society, and their research.

5)Panelists.
  (Regarding their titles, some possibility to include unsuitable ones
   due to my poor English. Very sorry, if exists.)
   - Mr. MILLOR  from Turbo Linux Japan.
       (Co-Predident. DAIHYOU-TORISIMARIYAKU)
   - Mr. NARII from SGI Japan. (Voice President)
   - Mr. TSUNODA from  Ten Artny
                     (Sorry hard to express it from Japanese)
   - Mr. YAMAGATA. (A Famous Translator in Linux world)
   - Mr. KUBOTA from Laser 5 (President)
   - Mr.OIGOSI (Chair of The Japan Linux Society)
   - Mr.YANADA. from DOT research.
   Coordinator : Mr.KIMURA (Nippon Kagaku Gijyutu Kenshuusho)

6)Regarding detail ,see http://www.ipsj.or.jp/
   Especially, Fee (Maybe Free ?) or membership, unfortunetely I
   don't have sufficent infomation. Please contact to above directly
   and confirm it on E-mail.  (Sorry.)
     However, despite of seeking English page, Hard to find out the
   suitable one still, unfortunetely. (Maybe later, you will find out it.)

7)Additional matter including my personal opinion.
   The above society is actually, the counterpart of International
   Federation for Information Processing in Japan, and has the tie
   with IEEE/CS deeply. It is one of authorized academic society.
     I guess this attempt is very interesting, because of the contrast
   between glassroot activities and search in ivory towers. I would like
   to attend it as much as possible.  How about you ?

 Regards.
 S.Kikuchi
 My Special Item : Teach myself  in Java in 16 hours.
                            - Only meeting inside Hotel ^^;)

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD