tlug: Fwd:Re: CJK for LaTeX2e 212 char rep bugrep

Thanks for the followup.

    >>> i'd like to be sure in using the JIS2 characters (having no
    >>> other software capable of JIS X 0212 chars so far)

    >> You should get FSF emacs 20.5 (together with the intlfonts
    >> bundle)

Sigh.  XEmacs has supported JIS X 0212 since version 20.0 (assuming
you could get v 20.0 to stay up long enough do display anything, often
a doubtful proposition ;-).  You just needed to add fonts.  The fonts
are available at ftp://ftp.xemacs.org/aux/intlfonts/ or somethign like
that, as well as at GNU mirrors.  Debian has them packaged, but I
don't recall which package.

    >> Emacs 20.5 can also output EUC-JP encoding with shift escape
    >> sequences for JIS 0212 characters.  The latest development
    >> snapshots of my CJK package have direct support for EUC-JP; you
    >> can download it from

I'm not sure if XEmacs handles this.

    >> BTW, emacs 20.5 with full font support (of X Window fonts) and
    >> input methods is available for Win32 also, AFAIK.  It is then
    >> called Meadow (but I don't know a URL, sorry).

Meadow is deep alpha and rather risky.  Haven't seen any recent
reports of untimely death on the Mule lists so probably it's stablized
somewhat.

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD