Re: tlug: Silly Questions.

To be honest with you, I also had the same questions... So, here we go:

>Do you use Linux for you Word Processor?

Yes. For simple texts I use Abiword and more complex stuff I prefer
StarOffice. For those ones use to work at MS-Office it takes time to get use
with the different commands of SO, but it worth a try.

>Do you use Gimp more than PSP?

None of them, despite the desire of learn Gimp, I have no time now to do
it...

>Do you use, at home, Linux for ppp session more than your Win/NT?

I access a LAN in the company. Their server are NT but I run Linux at my
notebook.

>Do you use database in Linux more than applications in Win/NT?

No databank, but I get a SQL server for Linux for free in a CD that came
with a magazine. I will try it someday...

>to mention my Netscape in this Win98.

I really would like to try Mozilla, but everybody has some complains about
it and the instruction list to install it is scaring! I like the navigator
that came with KDE. It works well! I think that Netscape for Unix is so well
finished as it Windows counterpart but, it is heavy as the Windows version!

Well, send as some compilation from the answers that you received. It would
be intersting to see how people around is using Linux.

Marcos

Marcos de Parahyba Campos
Ph.D. Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
7-3 Kanagawa-ku Shirohatanishichou
Satsukisou 205 Yokohama
Japan 221-0074
Tel/FAX: 81+045-434-4490
E-mail: marcospbc@example.com
Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/hall/7631

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD